Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New purpose

Starting today, I'm repurposing my blog to write about food. I'm a professional writer, so I don't find myself blogging about serious things. I thought if I devoted my blog to something fun, like food, I might post more often.

Last night, I attended a mediabistro course on food writing, with Jane Black of the Washington Post as instructor. She said a blog can be a great showcase for your food writing when you try to get it published elsewhere.

Not that I intend to publish anything from this blog, but at least it will get me used to writing about food.

I lived in Paris for 11 years, took courses there at Cordon Bleu and La Varenne, and have always enjoyed cooking and eating out. Food is a kind of hobby for me -- and drink. I'm interested in wine and took a bartending course a few years ago because I like bars.

No comments: